Thank You! Our Backpack Program Roundup
We are so pleased with this year’s participation in Denver Human Services’ School Supply Drive! With your help, our team supported the most students out of any other team for the second year in a row. A huge thank you to everyone who participated!
As class resumes at Denver Public Schools, 1,457 students served by Denver Human Services are starting their school year prepared to succeed along with their peers! What an amazing accomplishment!
In total, 417 students working with our Child Welfare team (children in Foster Care, Kinship Care, and Child Protection) were matched with a donor in the community and received supplies specifically for them!
All of the k-12 school supply and monetary donations received this year have supported:
- 399 students whose families receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP benefits) and/or Colorado Works/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF – state assistance)
- 240 additional students working with Child Welfare
- 125 students served by Child Support Services (single-parent households)
- 86 students who receive Denver Human Services services through their school or community center
- 75 students from families receiving services at the Denver Human Services GIVE Center
- 65 immigrant and refugee students (through Denver Human Services’ Immigrant and Refugee program, and through the Department of Housing Stability (HOST))
- 50 students served through the Denver Human Services Denver Parent Advocates Lending Support (DPALS) program
We are humbled by and thankful for the generosity of community members like you, who once again have supported DHS students in their time of need and as they start a second school year in the midst of the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. These supplies ensure students are prepared and provide an enormous boost of confidence and assurance that their community has their back and wants them to succeed.
Thank you so very much for all of your efforts to get these students started on the right track!